Cut flowers are globally known to be one of the best cash crops because they are easy to grow and provide a good income during the growing season. There are some common features that people consider while deciding upon which cut flowers to grow. They include flowers that are:
- Relatively low maintenance
- Easy to harvest
- Fast growing and productive
Of all the young plant options for cut flower cultivation that we have trailed and added to our offerings, we recommend a short –list of the ones that more or less fit all the above features. The top three include:
- Anthurium: Anthuriums top our short list because they are cinch to grow, require low maintenance, provide all year blooms and are extremely high in demand all across the globe. For everything you need to know for cultivation of Anthuriums, click here.
- Carnation: They are easy to grow, prolific and gorgeous. Native to Europe and Asia, they come as annuals, biennials and perennials and can be grown by planting seeds or by plant cuttings. However, most growers do not prefer the former method as it takes from 12 to 24 months for plants to bloom when grown using seeds. Carnations are slightly high on maintenance but are extremely profitable. For a complete guide for cultivation of carnations, click here.
- Gerbera: Also known as Daisies, these exotic plants are grown throughout the world and are extremely high in demand. They are one of the best specialty cut flowers to grow as they can give very high return if planned and maintained well. For everything you need to know for cultivation of Gerberas, click here.
The above selections of flowers are the workhouses of our operation. To know about the other varieties that we grow, click here. Florance Flora is dedicated towards providing the best quality young plants for cultivation of cut flowers. Our 30 years of experience in this field has helped us understand the market trends in the floriculture industry and build expertise to grow and help growers meet the industry standards in terms of cultivation of high quality cut flowers and supply them to markets across the globe.
Have questions? Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will answer.